Westin Georgetown Hotel
November 5-6, 2014
As fashion apparel and sewn products industries and the economy transition from years of recession and lost jobs into an era of measured growth, opportunities for the sewn products industry are clearly on the rise. In response to a host of economic, political, and other factors, fashion apparel and sewn products retailers, brand owners, manufacturers, and suppliers are all re-awakening to the many benefits of manufacturing in the U.S. and the Western Hemisphere.
Building on its successful 2013 Executive Conference in Washington, SPESA will return to Washington on November 5-6 at the Westin Georgetown Hotel to continue its new focus on suppliers and manufacturers with a two-day agenda. The SPESA 2014 Executive Conference is the perfect place for sewn products industry executives to learn from and network with industry leaders, government officials, and fellow executives.
- "The New Machine Age"
- Kurt Cavano – Founder, Vice Chairman & Chief Strategy Officer – GT Nexus
- "On the Economic, Political and Business Climate"
- Dr. Roger Tutterow – Dean of Stetson School of Business & Economics – Mercer University
- "Creating Opportunity by Investing in American Jobs”
- Cindi Marsiglio – Vice President US Manufacturing – Walmart
- "Rebuilding Trades"
- Jen Guarino – V.P. Leather Products – Shinola Detroit & Minnesota Manufacturing Awards CEO of the Year
- "Latin America in the Global Economy"
- Eric Farnsworth – V.P. – Council of the Americas
- "Intelligent Textiles and Smart Garments"
- Julie Becker – Textiles Research & Training Institute Director, Apparel/Textiles & Merchandising Faculty – Eastern Michigan University
- "Re-thinking 'Made in America' in the 21st Century"
- Laura Baughman – President – The Trade Partnership
- "Fresh Perspectives on Current Manufacturing, Sourcing, and Retailing"
- Manufacturing/Sourcing/Retailing Panel
- Dr. Mike Fralix (moderator) – President – [TC]2
- Monte Galbraith – President – Denim North America & DNA Technical Fabrics
- Aaron Ledet – Vice President U.S. Manufacturing – VF Corporation
- Anton Wilson – (Target Corp. retired) / Executive Consultant – [TC]2
- Karla Colletto – Co-Founder – Karla Colletto Swimwear
SPESA 2014 Executive Conference
- The Special Conference: Fresh perspectives and fresh solutions on industry issues, trends, legislation, and innovation
- The Special Place: Westin Georgetown Hotel, Washington, DC
- The Special Time: Concise conference agenda, November 5-6, 2014
- The Special Value: $295 per person Early Bird registration through October 20, 2014. After October 20, the standard registration fee of $400 per person will apply.
- The Special Group Hotel Rate: $239 (single or double room) through October 20, 2014.
|The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. Hotel is convenient to all the Georgetown's shops and restaurants, the Kennedy Center, Dupont Circle, and the White House. The Westin Georgetown combines elegant accommodations with state-of-the-art amenities.
Register for the 2014 Executive Conference today at: http://tinyurl.com/jw7t65g
Reserve your hotel rooms today at SPESA - Annual Meeting 2014 or call 1-800-228-3000 and use the Group Code: SPESA
MAKE PLANS NOW TO BE A PART OF THIS REWARDING CONFERENCE!
For more information email SPESA or call 919-872-8909 X203.
Members in the News
American & Efird Signs onto Cotton LEADS™
The Cotton LEADS™ program, launched in October of 2013, has attained more than 200 partners across the global cotton textile supply chain. Cotton LEADS™, a joint program established by Australian and U.S. cotton industries, advocates and demonstrates responsible growing practices for the popular fabric fiber. Companies signing on to the program include: Target Corporation, AEON TopValu, Fountain Set, American & Efird, and Operadora LOB.
Optitex, Alvanon Collaborate to Take Sizing and Fitting Digital
Optitex, a leading 2D & 3D CAD and virtual prototyping software provider and Alvanon, the global leader in integrated fit solutions for the apparel industry, announced a collaboration.
Gerber's Ideation 2014 Software Conference
Ideation 2014 is the premier software conference dedicated to fashion and retail professionals who rely on Gerber Technology's CAD and YuniquePLM systems to minimize costs, ensure quality and get products to market faster.
Gerber Technology's Taurus Leather Cutting System Used to Manufacture Super Bowl XLVIII Footballs
The Wilson Sporting Goods Co.'s football factory in Ada, Ohio has produced 800 official commemorative Super Bowl footballs using Gerber's new Taurus II leather cutting system. The company is comparing hide utilization results when cutting hides manually vs. using the Taurus II system. Wilson produced 150 of the official game balls and has made every NFL game ball used in Super Bowl competition.
Aéropostale Implements YuniquePLM
Aéropostale® Inc., a mall-based specialty retailer of casual apparel for young women and men, has implemented Gerber Technology’s YuniquePLM™ software to optimize and increase collaboration between its headquarters and global suppliers. By implementing YuniquePLM, Aéropostale’s designers, sourcing team and vendors speak a much more consistent language.
New SPESA Member
DEMA Sewing Machines, LLC
Gerber Technology launched its new Paragon® cutting platform at the China International Sewing Machinery & Accessories (CISMA) show in Shanghai.
Paragon leverages Gerber’s decades of experience and the learning from over 250 million hours of cutting operation to produce high- quality cut parts regardless of material, application or operator. With its superior uptime performance, Paragon also enables manufacturers to realize a higher return on investment by producing more parts in less time.