Viewpoints • Outlooks • Assessments • Perceptions
Westin Georgetown Hotel
November 5-6, 2014
As our industry and economy transitions from years of recession and lost jobs into an era of measured growth, opportunities for the sewn products industry are clearly on the rise.
In response to a host of economic, political, and other factors, fashion apparel and sewn products retailers, brand owners, manufacturers, and suppliers are all re-awakening to the many benefits of manufacturing in the U.S. and the Western Hemisphere.
Building on its successful 2013 Executive Conference in Washington, SPESA will return to Washington continue its new focus on suppliers and manufacturers with a concise two-day agenda.
The SPESA 2014 Executive Conference is the perfect place for sewn products industry executives to learn from and network with industry leaders, government officials, and fellow executives.
What can be more important to both suppliers and manufacturers than to gain “New Perspectives For The Sewn Products Industry?”
Testimonials from the 2013 Executive Conference
- “As a young professional and new to SPESA, I was treated with respect and given opportunities to learn and participate. Thank you.”
Clayton Osborn, Game Gear (sports apparel)
- “The meeting provided an excellent opportunity to network with knowledgeable industry contacts. The scheduled topics were very relevant to current industry challenges and opportunities.”
Andrea Boron, U.S. International Trade Commission
- “Strong speaking program – one of the best I’ve attended in 20 years in the industry.”
David Trumbull, Agathon Associates (international textile/apparel trade consulting)
- “This meeting was a great source of information of our industry in the present and the future from high caliber speakers and is a great networking opportunity with customers.”
Martin Gopman, Universal Sewing Machine (industrial sewing machines)
- “Manufacturing is the lifeblood of the economic recovery in the U.S. SPESA brought together an excellent group of presenters to provide insight into the resurgence of apparel manufacturing in the U.S. and how SPESA members can be part of it.”
Terry Hitpas, Union Special (industrial sewing machines)
- “SPESA Executive Conference conveys knowledge and visionary industry-related companies, supply chain suppliers, and institutions to have open discussions with win-win results. Highly informative meeting with great input from industry specialists. Participants genuinely wanted to help each other out and provide feedback and advice.”
Silvia Reyes and Sylvia Cobos, ProExport Colombia (Colombian commercial office)
- “Money well spent! Speakers had a good overall awareness of the industry.”
Carmi Persaud, Eileen Fisher (women's apparel)
SPESA 2014 Executive Conference
- The Special Conference: New perspectives and the future impact of industry issues, trends, legislation, and innovation
- The Special Place: Westin Georgetown Hotel, Washington, DC
- The Special Time: Concise conference agenda, November 5-6, 2014
- The Special Value: $295 per person Early Bird registration through October 5, 2014. After October 5, the standard registration fee of $400 per person will apply.
- The Special Group Hotel Rate: $239 (single or double room) through October 13, 2014.
|The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. Hotel is convenient to all the Georgetown's shops and restaurants, the Kennedy Center, Dupont Circle, and the White House. The Westin Georgetown combines elegant accommodations with state-of-the-art amenities.
Register for the 2014 Executive Conference today at: http://tinyurl.com/jw7t65g
Reserve your hotel rooms today at SPESA - Annual Meeting 2014 or call 1-800-228-3000 and use the Group Code: SPESA
MAKE PLANS NOW TO BE A PART OF THIS REWARDING CONFERENCE!
For more information email SPESA or call 919-872-8909 X203.
Members in the News
Optitex, Alvanon Collaborate to Take Sizing and Fitting Digital
Optitex, a leading 2D & 3D CAD and virtual prototyping software provider and Alvanon, the global leader in integrated fit solutions for the apparel industry, announced a collaboration.
Gerber's Ideation 2014 Software Conference
Ideation 2014 is the premier software conference dedicated to fashion and retail professionals who rely on Gerber Technology's CAD and YuniquePLM systems to minimize costs, ensure quality and get products to market faster.
Gerber Technology's Taurus Leather Cutting System Used to Manufacture Super Bowl XLVIII Footballs
The Wilson Sporting Goods Co.'s football factory in Ada, Ohio has produced 800 official commemorative Super Bowl footballs using Gerber's new Taurus II leather cutting system. The company is comparing hide utilization results when cutting hides manually vs. using the Taurus II system. Wilson produced 150 of the official game balls and has made every NFL game ball used in Super Bowl competition.
Aéropostale Implements YuniquePLM
Aéropostale® Inc., a mall-based specialty retailer of casual apparel for young women and men, has implemented Gerber Technology’s YuniquePLM™ software to optimize and increase collaboration between its headquarters and global suppliers. By implementing YuniquePLM, Aéropostale’s designers, sourcing team and vendors speak a much more consistent language.
New SPESA Member
DEMA Sewing Machines, LLC
Gerber Technology launched its new Paragon® cutting platform at the China International Sewing Machinery & Accessories (CISMA) show in Shanghai.
Paragon leverages Gerber’s decades of experience and the learning from over 250 million hours of cutting operation to produce high- quality cut parts regardless of material, application or operator. With its superior uptime performance, Paragon also enables manufacturers to realize a higher return on investment by producing more parts in less time.